Chantry Place, Norwich
Full time- 40 hours
Working pattern – 5am – 2pm on a rolling pattern of 5 days on, 3 days off
Salary: £10.90 per hour
Purpose of the Role:
At Chantry Place we aim to create a compelling, joyful experience for our customers, which in turn means that they stay longer and return more often to our centres. This helps our retailers flourish by increasing footfall and spend.
The purpose of an Environmental Services Assistant role is to work with other team members to clean all areas as required in a safe and efficient manner. You are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of agreed areas set by your Team Leader/ Manager.
Training will be provided on all relevant machinery required within your role, with the expectation that these are well always maintained and used in a professional manner.
You will have the ability to work both individually and within a team. You will be capable of carrying out your duties without constant supervision and be proactive in ensuring your area of responsibility always meets the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
You will also be one of our Customer Service ambassadors, providing world class service to all customers, retailers and contractors.
- To comply with all the health and safety procedures.
- To communicate and liaise with Team Leaders and colleagues to ensure a smooth running of the department
- To service, clean and maintain all relevant areas, ensuring that the safety and cleanliness is of the highest standard
- To report any maintenance defects relating to the building and its fixtures and fittings
- To operate machinery in accordance with operating manual and training
- To clean all required touchpoints every hour
- To be flexible and willing to change shifts for business needs
- Waste; sorting into appropriate waste streams
- To attend meetings and training provided by the trainer on all operational subjects
- Have pride in your own appearance and the centre. You must be aware of your own responsibilities and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Skills and experience:
- Enthusiastic and hard working team player
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver outstanding customer service in a demanding environment
- Knowledge of COSHH and Health and Safety
- Cleaning related qualifications
- Knowledge of environmental practices and recycling methods
Apply for this position online.