Title: Assistant Manager
Hours per week: 40
At our Menkind store in Norwich, we have a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused and sales driven Assistant Manager. We are looking for someone who would relish the task of developing a new or existing sales orientated team, ensuring the customer engagement and experience is always at the forefront of their mind.
You will ideally have a solid successful background of sales in a busy retail environment, leading from the front and motivating your team to achieve their goals whilst personally driving sales.
Please read the following job description and if you feel you have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the drive to succeed, then please apply.
The Assistant Manager position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in achieving the business goals. The Assistant Manager will play a key role in the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards throughout the store, driving sales, controlling costs and maximising profitability.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Help to develop a sales culture throughout the store which will deliver a minimum of budgeted weekly sales.
- Assist in day to day management of the shop floor operation, taking full control in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Assist in ensuring that the store achieves their specific KPIs as reported in the weekly stock and sales report.
- Store and Service Standards
- Ensure the visual presentation of all stores is maintained to a very high standard at all times, represents the brand and all new merchandising guidelines and initiatives are implemented effectively.
- Ensure that stock is effectively replenished on the shop floor and processes are in place to check all items in stock are on display and correctly priced.
- Ensure that high standards of customer service are always delivered.
- Cost Control
- Help ensure all controllable costs are managed in line with budgets.
- Assist in the management of store hours in line with budget and store sales performance, ensuring no unauthorised overspends.
- Stock and Cash Control
- Minimise stock loss by ensuring full compliance with all company procedures relating to faulty / damaged products and take effective action to reduce stock loss and write offs at store level.
- Assist in ensuring all stock rooms are maintained to a high standard with all stock accessible and treated with respect.
- Ensure stock accuracy and store security is maintained to prevent shrinkage and staff theft.
- Liaise with the Store Manager regarding any stock control issues or delivery discrepancies.
- Ensure the store is fully compliant with regard to refunds, cash control and banking procedures.
- HR / Health & Safety
- Create a positive environment which adheres to our Dignity at Work policy and results in the retention of staff, reducing labour turnover.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety within the store and ensure full compliance whilst in charge; assist in providing staff training as necessary.
- First Aid Responsible Person when on duty.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Online Staff Discount – 30%
- Sales Bonus (Discretionary)
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days holiday following completion of one full financial year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Life Insurance (after 3 months service)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (required)
- retail management: 1 year (required)
- retail sales: 1 year (required)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Experience: 2-5 years
Bring CV with cover letter to store